The surprise favourite of my 10-year old daughter!
This super-healthy beast is made from 3 simple ingredients and tastes and has the texture of crispy seaweed from the Chinese restaurant – if that’s your thing.
- Unflavoured coconut oil
- Himalayan Pink Salt (any salt will be ok but this one is more healthy and it’s pink)
Here’s how you do it
- Preheat the oven to around 180 degrees.
- Fill a baking tray with sides with the kale – a generous few good handfuls.
- Melt the coconut oil (couple of generous teaspoonfuls) in a small pan.
- Drizzle the melted oil over the kale and mix around the tray with a couple of forks to try to get oil on to all of the kale.
- Generously grind salt from a salt mill over the kale and refork the kale and grind a bit more salt.
- Bake in the oven for 5 minutes, then take out and move the kale around with a couple of forks, then return to the oven for another 5 mins.
- Some pieces may turn slightly brown on the edges.
- The kale will be ready when it is crispy to eat.
- Enjoy as a snack or as part of a meal.
3 thoughts on “Surprisingly delicious baked kale”
Looks scrum and super healthy !! Going to try this ! Does it end up like Chinese crispy seaweed ?
Hi Sarah, yes it is like Chinese crispy seaweed, well a healthy alternative anyway. It’s really good and very easy to cook. Let me know how you get on x