Recipe taken from BBC Good Food Ultimate Slow Cooker Recipies.
This recipe was a big hit with my family but especially the kids. I served it with wholegrain basmati rice with quinoa for that extra little bit of wholesomeness. I hope that you enjoy this too.
Time to cook: 3 hours (in total – approx. 2.5 hours of slow cooking)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- thumb-sized piece of ginger, roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp korma paste
- 50g/2oz ground almonds
- 4 tbsp sultanas
- 250ml/9fl oz chicken stock
- 1/4 tsp golden caster sugar
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, skin removed
- 150g pot fat-free Greek yoghurt
- small bunch coriander, chopped
- few flaked almonds, to scatter (optional)
- basmati rice, to serve
- Heat the slow cooker.
- Put the onion, garlic and ginger in a food processor and whizz to a paste.
- Scrape the paste into the slow cooker pot and mix in the korma paste, sugar, ground almonds, sultanas and chicken stock.
- Push the chicken breasts into the mixture and cooke for 2 hours until the chicken is cooked and tender.
- Fish out the chicken breasts and dice into chunks.
- Stir the chicken chunks back into the sauce. Cover and cook for 20-30 mins more on the HIGH setting, just to heat through.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the yoghurt and some seasoning.
- Place the curry in the dish you are going to server the curry in if serving at the table or plate up. Scatter the coriander and flaked almonds, if using, on the top of the curry.
- Serve with brown or white basmati rice.
Naan bread makes a great accompaniment with this dish along with the rice.