Recipe taken from http://www.walthamstowefoodies.com.
Having never cooked pulled pork before I wasn’t quite sure what to expect from the recipe, but oh boy is it easy and well, let’s just say the four of us managed to polish off a kilo piece of pork belly in one sitting, both the kids and adults loved it.
Whilst the fat content of this cut of meat is higher, it’s about moderation and sometime you need a bit of comfort food.
The recipe was described as so simple and easy and I couldn’t agree more. The only thing that you’ll need equipment wise is a slow cooker.
- 500g pork belly (although I used a 1kg piece)
- Sprinkle of dried oregano
- 2 fresh sage leaves (I used a sprinkle of dried sage)
- 2 bay leaves
- Handful of fresh dill (I left this out as I did not have any to hand)
- Glug of olive oil
- 100ml elderflower cordial (alternatively honey and water, maple syrup or sweet wine)
- Pour the olive oil onto the bottom of slow cooker pot.
- Add the pork skin0side down.
- Add all the herbs , pour over the cordial and cover with the lid.
- Cook on high for 3 hours then baste with the meat juices.
- Return the lid and cook on medium (I used the low setting as I do not have a medium setting on my slow cooker) for a further 6 hours.
- The meat will become softer over time and the meat will collapse under your knife.
- To serve remove the meat from the slow cooker dish and shred.
2 thoughts on “The Easiest Pulled Pork”