So 31 days into CLC and what’s changed? Well actually quite a lot….
- No caffeine for, well I’ve forgotten how many weeks now, that’s a good thing huh? It must be at least 6 weeks. No caffeine means no Diet Coke so a double whammy. Diet Coke was my only source of caffeine as I do not drink coffee or tea. I have now got to the stage where I believe my craving for this nasty stuff has gone. Hallelujah!
- Over 2 litres of lightly diluted squash every day. I decided that going totally cold turkey to just plain water each day would be a step too far so this was my compromise.
- A salad each day at work and the only snacks allowed at work are nuts. As a regular snacker of chocolate at work this one has surprised me in my ability to maintain it. I addition I have not had a sandwich or any other savoury snacks (so no carbs during the day). Hardcore all the way!
- HITT work out 3 times a week, Pilates once a week and a run at weekends (admittedly missed out one weekend).
- Breakfast is either overnight oats when exercising in the morning or a Lime & Avocado Smoothie on work non-HITT days. At weekends something along the lines of scrambled eggs, avocado, smoked salmon or maybe a piece of bacon.
- No alcohol for the whole of January until 29th.
Effects of the habit changes:
- My skin is very soft and clear, no blemishes at all through the month.
- Getting up in the morning is always a struggle but I have been able to get up much earlier than normal and not feeling as bad first thing in the morning.
- Afternoon sugar lows have disappeared.
- Whilst weight has not really changed, I have definitely noticed a difference in body shape, so much so that last weekend I fitted into a pair of jeans a clothes size smaller – get in!
- On the whole I have felt FAB over the last month. Difficult to describe exactly how but generally great.
- Generally feeling much more calm and less stressed. I am not going to say that things haven’t wound me or I haven’t felt at all stressed, but it noticeably improved.
- I’ve built this website! I am totally loving writing content and learning so much more about the food we eat and the positive effects some foods can have on the body. I also love talking to people about it and what I am trying to do with CLC.
So do I think that CLC has had a positive effect on my life? Absolutely yes. But I still have a very, very long way to go. So ……
- In February I will be attempting no chocolate. Despite the positive habit changes that I have made in January, chocolate has featured in some form most days. It is one of my weaknesses. It’s now time to tackle this.
- Dry February. I actually enjoyed Dry January in the end so will be attempting to follow this in February, although I do have a couple of dates when I will have a few glasses of wine but as a whole it will be much less than before-CLC.
- More sleep. Getting up earlier in the morning means that I need to turn in a little earlier at night. This will be a challenge. It’s late at night that I tend to tap out my blog posts.
- Losing some weight. Body shape changes are of course great, but I also need to be banging off some weight.Hopefully the chocolate will help with this.
- All in addition of course to the habit changes at the top of the page that I put in place in January.
Please follow my blog to keep track of my progress. I need to know that you are reading 😂 – its helps as I know that I cannot let you down or myself ❤️.