This is my breakfast of choice right now, I love this. And the best news … it’s healthy and sooooo quick and easy to make.
- Porridge Oats
- Almond Milk (unsweetened)
- Frozen raspberries
- Blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Flaked almonds
How to make it
- Take a small saucepan and place on measuring scales.
- Tare the scales and measure 40g of oats.
- Add almond milk to take the weight up to 200g
- Head up for about 2 minutes until boiling.
- Pour into serving dish, top with frozen raspberries and blueberries.
- Squeeze in some honey (to taste).
- Sprinkle over flaked almonds and finish with a sprinkle of cinnamon.
If you are eating immediately then stir the contents and the frozen fruit will cool down the porridge so that it can be eaten immediately. Alternatively serve in a plastic container with a lid and eat later. I often take these oats to work for breakfast.
Feel free to experiment with which ever fruit and nuts take your fancy. Likewise if you are happy to use dairy then cow’s milk can be used instead of almond milk or you could heat the oats with water and add Fage Greek yoghurt.